David Hutchins is Chairman and Senior consultant David Hutchins Innovation Limited. He is Juran Institute Six Sigma Master Black Belt and UK representative of Dr JM Juran from 1983 to his retirement in 1992. Hutchins is the author and co-author of 9 books including Quality Circles Handbook (1982) bestselling Hoshin Kanri – The Strategic Approach to Continuous Improvement and his latest book published on 19th April 2019 Quality Beyond Borders – winner of the IAQ Walter Masing Award for Quality-related literature. He is also the author of hundreds of quality-related papers and published articles on quality-related topics.
Davis Hutchins has international experience with the Governments of Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia, UNIDO and World Bank funded projects and many multinational companies for the establishment of corporate level Quality based management systems. He is the author of the CQI Diploma published in 2010 and his company is approved as an Education Centre for training to the level of Chartered Quality Professional. Hutchins is a past member of several CQI and EOQ Committees including SIGs and a technical advisor for the 5 Unit BBC Select Business Club transmissions in the early 1990s.
Hutchins is a frequent Keynote speaker at International Quality Conferences and Seminars over many years. He is an expert in:
• Implementation of Hoshin Kanri based business management systems as an umbrella for all performance related Initiatives, establishment and deployment of Key Performance Indicators or Critical Success factors.
• Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma, Quality Function Deployment and all forms of Continuous improvement including Root Cause Analysis, Cross Functional Project by Project Improvement and Intra departmental Performance improvement using Quality Circles.
• Over 50 years’ experience assisting with the implementation of Quality based Business management systems internationally.
• Accelerated team-based Learning methods of education and training to maximise effectiveness.
• Designed and obtained Governmental (OfQual) approval for the Chartered Quality Institute range of professional qualifications
© International Academy for Quality 2021